The Confidence of Knowing™
Partner in Residence
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- Financial Talent Advisory Board, The Walt Disney Company
- West Region Lead, PwC New Media Group
- Executive Presenter, Disney Way One
- Executive Panel, NetSuite SuiteWorld
- Guest Speaker: Cloud Computing, CFO Summit
- Subject Matter Expert, PwC Operational & Systems Risk Management Academy
- Chapter President, Institute of Internal Auditors
- Board Vice President & Audit Committee Chair, Partners for Potential
- Board Director, U.S. Basketball University
- Production Executive, Academy Award-nominated winner of the Grand Jury Prize at the Venice Film Festival
- Master of Accountancy magna cum laude, Brigham Young University
- BS Accounting, Brigham Young University
- Minor Emphasis – Spanish, Brigham Young University
- Presidential Scholar, Brigham Young University
Troy Skabelund has over 20 years experience as a CFO and Systems Expert for organizations of all sizes and industries, including 12 years at the Walt Disney Company. He specializes in analyzing and designing financial systems with experience in both proprietary and 3rd party solutions.
Expert Systems Advisory | Software Evaluation & Selection
Systems & Workflow Design | Management Consulting | Revenue & Sales Optimization
Troy Skabelund has served as a CFO and systems expert for small, mid-market, and large businesses in various industries over the last 20 years. He specializes in systems, with experience in both proprietary and 3rd party solutions.
Troy’s project experience includes identification and documentation of requirements, software development, software evaluation and selection, vendor contract negotiation, system & work flow design, project management & communication, data migration, report definition, user acceptance testing, user training, and change management. He also has extensive experience with financial and system audit & controls, management consulting, organizational design, acquisitions, forecasting, planning & budgeting, policies & procedures, benchmarking, and revenue & sales optimization.
Troy has been instrumental in assessing, implementing, integrating, and streamlining financial systems, including ERP, CRM, data warehouse, travel & expense management, warehouse & inventory management, order management, and tax solutions for companies ranging from $1 million up to $1 billion in revenue.
Prior to joining Preferred CFO, Troy served as CFO for private and public companies, including 12 years at The Walt Disney Company. He started his career as a systems consultant and financial auditor for PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP in Seattle, Washington.
A graduate of Brigham Young University (BS, MAcc), Troy is also a CPA, CGMA, Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), and former Chapter President for the Institute of Internal Auditors.